History and Tourist Destinations of Igdir Province

Seyahat Rehberi

The region is rich in tourism potential. Particularly Mount Agri in the south of Iğdır Plain is one of the mountains with a high potential for mountain tourism.

This volcanic mountain has all the features that maybe those who are engaged in mountaineering sports are looking for. Indeed, it is a significant advantage that the climbing distance is high and that motor vehicles can be driven as far as the start. In many countries, although it is necessary to walk for days to get to the mountainside, Ağrı Mountain; Dogubeyazit, Iğdır and December are easily accessible from asphalt roads. Climbs to the Great Ağrı Mountain are not only for mountaineering, but mostly for scientific reasons.

This kind of climbing occurred in 1829 by F. Parrot and his team. Geologists such as H. Abich in 1845, M. Wag-ner in 1848, A. Osvvald in 1900 and M. Blumental in 1955 have observed climbs in order to study the geological structure of the mountain. A lot of ups and downs have been made for mountaineering sports. In 1937, Major Cevdet SUNAY, who climbed up to Agri and put the bastard of Atatürk at its peak, became. Mountain of Agri Hz. Due to the Noah Tufani tradition there is more tourist attraction than other mountains. We can say that there is a high tourism potential in Ağrı Mountain and it is waiting to be evaluated.

In this research, a certain height of the mountain Hz. Noah’s representative vessel can be set up and a cable car line can be installed from the vicinity of KKTİ in December to the peak point of the mountain from this place and the attractiveness of the tourist attraction can be increased. There are 7 pieces of historical and touristic value. However, we can say that the attraction of these historical works to local and foreign tourists is weak. Karakale Oren (Harabe) Place Karakale, which is located in the west of Iğdır Plain and on Armenian border, is located in a convenient location for defense. It is one of the oldest settlement centers of Sürümeli Çukuru and is based on Urartular. However, in the earthquakes that took place in 1664 and 1840, fortress walls were destroyed.

Today it is completely ruined. Kervansaray The caravanserai located at the 25th km of the road connecting the center of Iğdır to the village of Asma, XII. Century Seljuk is one of the most beautiful examples of stone processing. The Survival Emiri was built by Şerafeddin Ejder. The caravanserai is one of the range points on the Ba-tum-Tabriz highway, and the caravans did not stay here before they crossed the foliage crossing. The work, which was taken under protection in 1988, is still in ruins. Iğdır Korganı (Castle) Castle is located on the skirts of Büyük Ağrı Dağı. Iğdır Korgani, located on a steep cliff suitable for defense and situated in a position where the caravan trade route can be best controlled, It was founded by Oghuz Turks in the century.

On the mountain slopes “The Girl’s Castle” and its 200 m. , There are two castle remains named “The Castle of the Boys”. The first caravan way to the Great Agri Mountain continued through these two fortresses and extended towards Ahura towards Beyazit (Dogubeyazit) from the Serdarbulak Passage between the Small and Big Ağrı Mountains. In Igdir Korga-ni, there is also a mill ruin from those periods. Aries Tombs Almost all the old graveyards in the Igdir Plain have ram-headed tombs dating from the Karakoyunlu period. These tombstones stood at the tombs of the valiant and heroic men and young people who died at a young age. Kümbet is located in Çakırtaş village of Igdir. This work is also from the Seljuks. However, the clay was severely damaged due to lack of care.

Kültepe is near the town of Melekli. Here, in the excavations made in 1913, a Urar-tu graveyard was uncovered where the dead were burned and their ashes were buried in containers. In the cemetery, ornaments, weapons and seals were also found. Ahura Ören (Harabe) Place Ahura (Yenidoğan), located in the skirts of Ağrı Mountain, was established as a religious worship center by Artaksiyaslılaf 2200 years ago today. But; Due to the earthquake in 1840, large rocks and mud rolling from the mountain destroyed the village by covering the village. Here, there is still the old village cemetery.

Bir Cevap Yazın

E-posta hesabınız yayımlanmayacak. Gerekli alanlar * ile işaretlenmişlerdir