Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary – Seventh Edition Size: 441 MB
This is the world’s bestselling advanced learner’s dictionary,
recommended by learners of English and their teachers, and used by 30 million people.
NEW 32-page Oxford 3000? Vocabulary Trainer, only available with the Paperback and CD-ROM edition.
* 183,500 British and American words, phrases, and meanings, plus 85,000 examples showing how words are used.
* 20,000 word origins explained on the COMPASS CD-ROM
* Over 200,000 extra example sentences on the COMPASS CD-ROM.
* 2,000 new words and meanings from British and American English, such as offshoring, life coach, sex up, wi-fi.
* 5,000 study words used in the sciences, maths, computing, literature, and business.
* 700 entries for words from Australia, Canada, East Africa, India, New Zealand, South Africa, and West Africa.
* Oxford 3000?: identifies the 3,000 keywords students need to know.
* Special entries for words on the Oxford 3000 list, with extra information on synonyms and collocations, and extra examples to extend vocabulary.
* 7,000 synonyms and opposites shown.
* 200 special synonym notes covering 1,200 synonyms.
* Illustrations and photographs explain 2000+ words.
* Labelled illustrations show related vocabulary.
* 32 colour pages illustrate groups of words such as extreme sports, music, etc.
* Colour maps – much appreciated by teachers and students.
* 2,600 encyclopedic entries to explain references such as Walter Mitty, Fort Knox, Marie Celeste, Peter Pan, Beacon Hill.
* Over 10,000 entries on every aspect of British and American culture on the COMPASS CD-ROM.
* NEW Oxford 3000? Vocabulary Trainer shows students how to exploit the keyword entries and provides practical activities that help build vocabulary and prepare for exams such as CAE and TOEIC®.
ALINTIDIR! Gencakademiye teşekkür ederiz!