Ankara province is very rich in historical monuments and natural beauty. Historical riches belonging to various periods from ancient times to time are the main ones:
Ankara Castle: Phrygian King Midas by BC Made in the eighth century; It is known that Galatians, Romans, Byzantines and Islamic Armies were enlarged and repaired by Seljuks. The presence of works belonging to Kalede Hittites is a sign that they are made during the Hittites time. It is estimated that there are many tombs belonging to Eshab-ı kiralama, but the traces have disappeared over time. There are two burcu in Ankara. The bastion in the north is partly repaired. Here the Turkish flag waved. The southerly sign is in need of tamire. It is possible to watch ninety percent of the city of Ankara from the city.
In 654, the Islamic army conquered Ankara Kalesin, and during the time of Aaron Rashid, all of Ankara was taken from Byzantium. In 1101, however, Byzantium had fallen again, and in 1073, the Seljuks took their fortune and city again.
Ankara Castle is a history in its own right. The castle has two parts inside and outside. The outer castle surrounds old Ankara in heart shape. The inner castle has four floors. It was made of Ankara stone and spolian stone. There are two gates and 42 towers as outer gate and Hisar gate. Kalede 17th century had 86 balls, 170 fountains and 3 thousand wells. The altitude at sea level is 978 meters.
In the past, the walls of Ankara had spread to the oven, and the old city of Ankara would remain in the city walls. Today there are no artifacts from these walls. In old Ankara, narrow streets, steep and winding roads, mud brick and wooden houses are the majority. Due to rapid urbanization in the last years, old Ankara houses, cemeteries, fountains, and even mosques and medreses have disappeared. Old Ankara; Hacıbayram, Çankırı Gate, Ulus and Fire Station Square, Erzurum Street and Kayabaşı Quarter were limited.
Elmadağ’s men were drawn to the old Ankara and even to the castle part of the city with regular channels. Kayaþ valley and the village of Uregel near the village of Hanim Pınar, Cebeci and the lower part of the water needs. Abidin Pasha, who became governor in the city, made water in Atpazar. In the past, there was a large cemetery in today’s Ulus Square. Except for a few mosques and artifacts from old Ankara, almost nothing remained.
Ankara from the line of Evliya Çelebi is told as follows: “There are as many as 6,600 mamur hanesi. There are 200 dishes, 200 shops. There is a fancy bedesten, four chain doors. Most of the bazaars were built in high places. Long bazaar, Atpazarı, Kalealtpark are very crowded markets. The main streets are made of clean white stone pavement in the streets between the neighborhoods. Ayan and his talented scholar, the poets are too many. There are children whose love is well-educated and can keep the Qur’an in their memories. The women wear colorful soft ferrules and they walk very well. The bastard of mohair is delicious and delicious fragrance. Because feces, they put frizzy leaves in their mountains. The mohair goat is white, milk-like, and there is no white substance like it in the world. “
Gavur Castle: It is near Haymana and it is from Hittite period. B.C. It was built in 1450, with reliefs indicating Hittite clothes on it.
Kalecik Castle: It is located in the district of Kalecik. The Romans are out of time. Sarp is on a hill.
Camels: There are many mosques dating from the Seljuk and Ottoman periods. Some of the famous mosques are:
Haci Bayram Mosque and Tomb: In 1427, the great scholar Haci Bayram-i Veli built Hemedan Abu Bakr Mehmed and in the 16th century he was repaired by Mimar Sinan and an elegant minaret was added. Hacı Bayram-ı Veli and his tomb, located next to the glass, were built in 1947. The mihrab of the glass is decorated with light blue and black tiles. The walnut omni minbar is worked with pentagonal star motifs. Ahi Şerafetullah’s tomb is located opposite the mosque.
Ahi Elvan Mosque: It is in Samanpazari neighborhood. It was built in 1382 by Ahi Elvan Mehmed Bey. Sultan Çelebi Mehmed repaired the mosque in 1413. Walnut engraving pulpit is the masterpiece of Turkish carving.
Alaaddin Mosque: It was built in 1198 in the Ankara Castle by the son of the Seljuk Sultan Second Kılıçarslan and Muhiddin Mes’ud Shah, the governor of Ankara. There is a historical fountain in front of it. Lülü Paşa was repaired in 1361, and Şerife Sünbül Hanım was repaired in 1434. It is the oldest camel in Ankara. The pulpit made of walnut wood is a rare work of Turkish carving art.
Aslanhane (Ahi Şerafeddin) Mosque: It is in Atpazarı district. It was built by Serafeddin of Ahi chief in 1290. This name was given because of the lion figures on the outer walls.
Cenabi Ahmed Pasha Mosque (New Mosque): It is located in the district of Ataturk and it was built in 1566 by Anatolian Beylerbeyi Cenabi Ahmed Pasha. It is also known as New Mosque and Ahmediye Mosque. It was repaired in 1802, 1887 and 1940. The minbar and mihrab made of white marble are very beautiful. The species on the left side of the mosque are Azeri and Cenabi Ahmed Pasha.
Haci Musa Mosque: It is in the Demirtas neighborhood and it was built by Hacı Musa in 1461. The mosque, which was repaired in 1923, has a rectangular mudbrick wall.
Two honorable mosque: Ulucanlar neighborhood. It was built by Resul Efendi in 1674. This is why it is known as Resul Efendi Mosque. Minaresi has received this name because he has two honors.
Karacabey Mosque: It was built by Karacabey from the commander of the Second Murad in 1440 to Ahmed the son of the architect Abubakir. There is an imaret next to the glass. It is also known as the Imaret Mosque. To the right of the Bahçen is Karacabey’s tomb.
Dark Masjid: It was built by Elhac Hasan in the sixteenth century. Sabuni is also known as Masjid. The little mihrab is decorated with geometric patterns. The book with its gate is located in Istanbul Turkish-Islamic Works Museum.
Saraç Sinan Mescidi: It is in Atpazarı. It was built by Architect Yusuf bin Kulhasan by Elhac Siraceddin in 1288 at the time of Sultan Gıyaseddin II. There are eight types of sarcophagus beside the glass.
Zincirli Mosque: Built in 1687 by Şeyhülislam Ankara Mehmed Emin Ankaravi. It was repaired three times in 1879, 1911 and 1937. The lower part is made of red Ankara stone. The upper part is brick, the roof is wood. Mineral flowers and geometric figures are adorned.
Bünyamin Mosque: It is Alat. In the sixteenth century Sheikh Bünyamin was made for Ayaş. Sheikh Bünyamin’s tomb is in the north-east of the glass.
Akşemseddin Mosque: It was built in Beypazarı in the name of Sheikh Akşemseddin. It has been repaired a few times. Minaresi is the only honorarium. Downstairs there are shops.
Kurşunlu Mosque: Built by the Grand Vizier Nasuh Pasha in Beypazarı in the 17th century. The dome is referred to by this name because it is leaded.
Maltepe Mosque: Built during the Republican era, it carries classic Ottoman architectural features.
Kocatepe Mosque: It is the newly built glass. The mosque, which was built in 1967, was opened in 1986. Covering an area of 3500 square meters, the glass has a conference hall, a library, a bazaar and a large car park. It is the biggest camisas of Turkey as a place of prayer.
Turbans: Plain types made in Ankara are made of stone and bricks. Some of them are Haji Bayram-i Veli, especially Ahi Şerafeddin, Gülbaba, Karyağdı Karacabey, Yörükdede, Sheikh Behaeddin, Kesikbas, Ahmed Taceddin, Sheikh Sadreddin, Sheikh Mustafa Karababa and Kadi Çelebi.
Hanlar: There are many inns in Ankara. Kurşunlu (Mahmud Pasha) Caravanserai, Yeni Ririn Han, Çengelli Han, Çukur Han, Taşhan, Bakırhan, Suluhan, Tuzhan, Pembehan, Attarbaşıhan, Nasuhpaşahanı and Ayazaki are the main ones. Today, most of these inns are in ruins.
Hamamlar: There are historical baths in various parts of Ankara. Some of these are:
Old Bath: It is in Ulus and it was built in the 15th century.
Karacabey Bath: It was built in 1444 in the name of Karacabey who was a martyr in the Battle of Varna. He was repaired at various times.
Şengül Hamamı: It was built in the 18th century. It’s in the Istiklal neighborhood. It was repaired in the nineteenth century. It is a double bath.
Medreseler: Ankara, which is the center of science during the Seljuk period, has kept this situation in the Ottoman period. Especially in the time of Fatih, the knowledge reached to the highest point in Ankara. The Kara Medrese, built by Melike Hatun, is famous. Hadji Bayram, Zincirli, Ipekcioğlu, Kagnu Pazar, Mermerzade, Aliaga, Sevdural, Ibadullah, Doganbey, Minharoglu, Seyfeddin, Karabey, Kethuda, Saz Abdullah, Taşköprüzade, Yellow Hatip, Mustafa Pasha, Yellow Woman, Ayazade, Seyfiye, Yeğenbey, Green Divine , Saraç Sinan and Sultan Alaaddin are the leading figures of the medrese in Ankara.
Ankara houses: The old Ankara houses are the most distinguished examples of Turkish architecture with its architecture, interior design and ornaments. Cabinet doors, ceiling and wood carving in the shelves are the masterpieces of Turkish carving art. But these houses have been reduced to be tried. Old artifacts left their place today in concrete piles.
Çankaya Atatürk Museum: It is the pavilion where Ataturk is sitting and the furniture and furniture used by Ataturk are kept. It is in the garden of the Presidential pavilion. It’s an old vineyard.
Anıtkabir Museum: This place where Ataturk was laid was made into a museum. Atatürk’s articles, 3113 books and documents, swords and pencils presented to him are here. Projesiini Ord. Prof. Emin Onat and Assoc. Orhan Arda prepared. It was made between 1944 and 1953. The large sarcophagus marble is one piece and weighs 42 tons.
TBMM Museum: 23 April 1920-1923 in the first Grand National Assembly of the building belonging to this period are exhibited.
Museum of Anatolian Civilizations: Founded as the “Hittite Museum” in the first years of the Republic, this museum later became the “Museum of Archeology Civilizations”. Enriched in 1967, it became “Museum of Anatolian Civilizations”. The artifacts unearthed in various parts of Anatolia are exhibited here.
Kursunlu Han and Mahmud Pasha Bedesten were repaired and turned into a museum. Alacahöyük, Kargamış, Aslantepe and Sakargözü reliefs are available. There are also works belonging to stone and polished stone devine.
Ethnography Museum: Founded in 1928. Ataturk’s sentence has been here for 15 years from 1938 to 1953. This museum is very rich in terms of Turkish-Islamic works. Traditions, textiles, gold and silver embroideries, furnishings of Ankara houses in the 17th century, Seljuk and Ottoman woodwork, folklore, rich historical collections, copper ware, Turkish writing artifacts, and belongings belonging to members of the order are adorned with this museum.
Other museums: Ankara is very rich in terms of its beauty. State Railways Museum, Health Museum, Zoo Museum, Natural History Museum are some of these museums.
Monuments: Atatürk Monuments in front of the Victory Monument at Ulus Mundan, Ethnography Museum and Orduevi, Monument of Security at Yenişehir and Abdullah of Sakarya Martyrs in Polatlı.
National Library: Turkey’s largest and most modern library. There are ancient artifacts of great value. It was built to protect against all kinds of hazards, including nuclear attack. The precious handwriting works are kept in private cask. Muradname is the only one in the world.
Temple of Augustus: The temple is divided into two parts: the first chapter, the name “Men” in the time of the Phrygians BC. It was built in the 2nd century. Second part; King of Galat by Pylamenes M.S. It was made in the 10th year of the Roman Emperor Augustus. When it was first made, it consisted of 4 walls. The surrounding area was surrounded by pillars. It looks like the Temple of Artimes in Manisa. In the book, Augustus’s 57-year-old power is described. This temple is adjacent to Haci Bayram Mosque. It was used as a madrasah in the time of the Ottomans.
Tulianus Column: M.S. He stood in the 4th century. It is in Government Square in Ulus district.
Roman Bath: M.S. It was built by the Roman Emperor Caracalla in the 3rd century AD and used as a bathhouse for 500 years. In the 8th century, the fire was destroyed. It is on Çankırı Caddesi. Many old coins were found in the bathhouse. Cold and hot as two parts.
Gordion: It is in Yassihöyük village near Polatlı. B.C. In the 8th century it became the capital of Phrygia. The Hittite, Assyrian and Phrygian times were an important city. In the excavations made in 1950, the palace belonging to the Phrygians, Hittite graveyard and Midas’ tomb were found. Midas is described as donkey-headed. Kimmerler who ended the Phrygian kingdom and Galatians (278 BC) who took the city from the Persians burned this city and destroyed it. According to the legend, this city had a difficult knot in Zeus temple. B.C. In 33, Alexander the Macedonian ruler cut the knot with a sword. According to the legend, it would dominate Asia, which solved this knot.
Elmadağ: “Elmadağ Mountain House” and “Elmadag Ski Center” in Elmadağ which is 25 km away from Ankara and covered with snow in winter is one of the most visited places of Ankara in winter. There are lots of winter sports here.
Kizilcahamam: Seljuk architecture has its own baths. The valley, surrounded by pine forests, is an ideal resting place in summer with spring waters. Spas are good for rheumatism, neuralgia, nephritis and gynecological diseases. Drinks are healing of stomach, liver and gall bladder diseases. The mineral water is famous.
Haymana, cave and thermal springs: It is among the places tourists visit. Spas, child paralysis, gynecological diseases, rheumatism and nephritis are good. Icmeler is useful for urinary tract diseases.
Atatürk Forest Farm: It is a promenade with swimming pool, zoo and various facilities.
Youth Park: Located in the city center. Tea gardens, gas pans, pools, amusement parks and other fun places