Aksaray Fortress: The castle was built by Ali Bey Çelebi, Emir-ul-Umera during the reign of Karamanoğlu Mehmed Bey, by the architect İslamoğlu Hoca İbrahim. From now on, the remains of the walls in the south of the Grand Mosque are left.
Goat Kalesi: It is on a hill overlooking the surroundings at the 35th kilometer of Aksaray-Adana road. The walls of the castle are made of large stones without mortar. Interior castle is stone and brick. It is ruined today.
Orta Kuyu Fortress and Ruins: It is located in Orta Kuyu which is a plateau of Eskil accident. Today it is in ruins. It is estimated that it belongs to the old era.
Rabbit Castle: It is located on a hill to the north of the Taşpınar basin. It is full of caves inside. The Hittites are a work of art. Nothing remained from the walls of the castle built during the Roman and Byzantine times. In some sources the name is called Ibiz Castle.
Chain Castle: Yaprakhisar is on a hill near the village and is in ruins. In the old sources, it is called Yaprakhisarı.
Eyçiçisar Castle (Castle Balta): Castle Balta was built on a hill north of the village. Today it is in ruins. Castle stones were used in the construction of houses in the surrounding villages. Aksaray: This name was given because it was made of white marble. The county takes the name of this palace. The palace was built by the Second Sword Arslan.
Eğri Minaret (Red Minaret): Eğri Minaret is located in the center of Aksaray. It belongs to the Seljuk period and is thought to have been built between 1221-1236. It is known as the Red Minaret because it is made of red bricks. The cylindrical body, which is seated on a four corner corner, is divided into two parts with a fine wipe, the lower part is covered with zigzag, and the upper part is covered with blue and green tiles. The minaret was connected with steel ropes in 1973 due to the danger of collapse. The mosque next to it was built later. Selime Mosque: Located in Selime village, this mosque is also called Selimiye Mosque and Hamza Bey Mosque. It was built in 1524 by Hamza Bey, son of Oruç Bey. Ulu Mosque: It was built during the reign of Sultan Mehmed Bey (1408) at the time of Karamanoğlu. The structure is rectangular. Outside the two domes in front of the mihrab, the cross vault is covered. Rich decorated, wood pulverizer was brought from the destroyed cami of the third Sword Arslan.
Bedriyye Madrasah: It was built by Bedreddin Yusuf, the son of Nizameddin Yagibasan from Danishmend. In 1327, the destroyed medrese was built with a two-storey seven-room medrese with cut stone. Madrasah was sold to the sons of Kadirade Ibrahim Efendin by the special administration and is still the property of Kadioğulları.
Beramuni Madrasah: The madrasah in the Gündoğdu Neighborhood is now destroyed and only the left wing of the door remained. There is no inscription showing the date and the date of the making of the Medresen. The Chronicle of Madness: It is the fourteenth century structure. The two rooms next to the mosaic-covered south eastern tile are the domes. Today it has been turned into a museum.
Cemaleddin-i Aksarayi Tomb: It is in Ervah Cemetery. The great scholar Cemaleddin-i Aksarayi is here medfundur. It is ruined today. There is a two-room lodge next to the turban.
Somuncu Baba Tomb (Hamid-i Aksarayi): It is in the middle of the Aksaray Cemetery. The turbine is open. It was repaired in 1980 and brought to its present condition. During the construction of Bursa Ulu Mosque during the period of Yıldırım Bayezid Khan, it became famous with the nickname of “Somuncu Baba” because he made the nuts and gave them to the workers. Nude Dad is a great scholar and saint of the house. It is reported that the same person is a tomb in Darende.
Hangah and Mint: The father is in the Shiah Hamid neighborhood and faces the Yusuf mausoleum. Melik Mahmud Arslan Gazi from Danişmendoğulları was built. It was built with brick in Ilhanlı architectural style. The places where the money is printed stand.
Alay Han: It is on Ankara-Kayseri highway. It is the first examples of inns built by Sultan. The courtyard of the inn was destroyed. The gate has a figure of a lion with two bodies.
Sultan Han: It is on Konya-Aksaray highway. The inn, reminiscent of a magnificent hillside supported by exteriors, was built during the reign of the First Alaeddin Keykubat. During the third Gıyaseddin Keyhüsrev, the governor Şerafeddin Ahmad bin Hasan repaired it. The inn is located in an area of about 5,000 square meters and has summer and winter departments. It is in ruins today.
Mouth Kara Han: Alaeddin Keykubat is a monumental monument. There is a door decorated with geometric motifs in reliefs on the surface. The pavilion mescid in the middle of the courtyard is a magnificent work.
Aşıklı Höyük: It is 25 km east of the city center. Remains of ancient times are available.
Acem Höyük: It is 18 km northwest of the city center. Today there is a village here. B.C. It has been used as a settlement center since 3000 years.
Wooden Church: It belongs to the ninth century. It’s in Ihlara Valley. Also known as the Daniel Church. There are also Pürenlisekli Church, Kokar Church, Yılanlı Church and Kargedik Churches in Ihlara Valley.
Natural beauty: Akrasay province has beautiful views, mountains, valleys and healing spas. The main natural beauties are:
Ihlara Valley: Aksaray became an important religious center in the first years of Christianity. Basilus of Kayseri and Gregorius of Nazianzos. They were brought here. These are the rules of monastic life separate from the Egyptian and Syrian system.
Thus the Greek and Slavic systems were born. Although the Egyptian and Syrian priests had interrupted their relations with the world, the priests of Basilus and Gregorius did not interfere with the world. The place of this new understanding was Belisırma.
Gregorius, a new explanation for the belief in the trinity, Hz. In the debate on Jesus’ divinity, he proposed ideas that gave power to the views of the Iznik meeting. Thus it became a pioneer saint in the history of Christianity. The rocky area where Gregorius grew up (Belisırma, Ihlara, Gelveri) became a community of rock-cut churches in accordance with the spirit of the monastery.
Against the Arab raids, these churches continued their active center of worship when they defended the defenses of Hasandağ.
These frescoes carved on the rocks of the Ihlara valley came to our time as a treasure trove of history uncovered on earth.
These frescoed churches and islands are located in the “IHLARA VADİSİ”, which runs from Ihlara to Selime for 14 km, which are driven by the easy excavation of the rocks from the first years of Christianity.
Only two of the churches have a date. The Direkli Church (976-1025) belongs to Saint Georges (1283-1295).
The latter is a typical example of the art of the ages. The picture showing a Selçuk Sultan’s dress is a document that the church was made with the help and patronage of the Turkish rulers.
X. yy. We see that the new Kiliseler was made in the Ihlara region with the Byzantine Taurus and Klikya regions recovered in the middle. The paintings of Bahaeddin Samanlığı Church, Sümbüllü Church and Direkli Church are performed in this century. Ala Church, Çanlı Church and Karagedik Church in Akhisar XI. YY. Constitutes an example to the Byzantine art at the beginning. The old churches were later added with some Byzantine pictures. This behavior is based on XI. YY. Ends with Seljuk Turks coming to the region. But the religious life in the region continues. The church life in the region ends with the exchange of population in 1924.
Hamamboğazı Tuzlusu Kaplıcası: It is located in the north of Aksaray-Nevşehir-Ankara junction. This water, which is earth alkaline, bi carbonated and very carbondioxide, is useful for metabolism disorders due to liver and gall bladder diseases.
Ziga Thermal Spring: It is located near the village of Yaprakhisar 40 km from Aksaray. It is useful for rheumatism and intraabdominal diseases. It has been found to have very good effects on the stomach, intestines, liver and gallbladder when taken.