Elazığ is a city with a high tourism potential. His works of art, natural beauty and rich folklore attract tourists.
Harput Castle: In terms of geographical situation, he mentioned himself as an important fortress throughout the history. There are many building remains on the inside of the castle built on Yalçın rock. The inner castle and the outer fortress have come from two parts. The outer walls were completely destroyed, and it was only at the entrance to Harput that some time left. The inner castle, called the “Milk Fortress”, is a fortress whose power is very difficult. Roman, Byzantine, and Harpest of the Arabs. Only these tracks are not visible in the background. It is understood that the knit technique of the fortress walls had been repaired during the Ottoman period. Some of the kaleye âit repair books are on the Harput Museum. It is built on the rugged cliffs of the Eastern Taurus Mountains. The Arabs were called Hısn-i Ziyad (Ziyad Fortress), Byzantines (Ziata) and the Turks Harput Fortress.
Palu Kalesi: There is a gigantic book written in the nail writings from the âsurîs. Completely destroyed.
Ahmed Bey Câmii: It is the first seen in the entrance from the mountain gate to Harput. There is a sacrificial part of the mihrabi and mināsin of the buried king. The mihrab made from cutting stones is the best. In the north, the minaret is adjacent to the house, but the tamam is built separately. It was built by Ahmed Bey, one of the first starters of the Ottoman period. It is important for being the first Ottoman monument.
Entire Net: It is located on the left side of the entrance to Harput. Despite the demolition of the rectangular planned minaret, the stone minaret, which shows fine craftsmanship, is standing. This castle, which is an Ottoman monumental structure, was built by Pervâne Ağa in 1559 according to the book of the museum.
Alacalı Masjid: It is located in Kayabaşı district of Old Harput. The rectangle is covered with a flat roof over the planned structure. The altar is made of cut stone and decorated with atalactites inside the mihrab. The miniature with thick body is made of two colored stones. This mosque, which was originally built by Artukids, was repaired in the 19th century. Wooden ceiling was made during this repair. The minaret is made of a row of white chrysanthemums up to the honor, and the honorable top is knitted with checkered-white stones.
Kurşunlu Câmii: The medresses that were around in the past were completely destroyed. The century-old plane tree in the garden, which is used today as a park, is an ancient monument. Almost the part of the harim is square plan, covered with a dome. Transition to the dome is provided by trumps. There are 4 windows in the dome muscle. The altar is made of cut stone, it is a steep descent. The harim door is shaped like a clover leaf. This type of belt is a popular feature in the region. The last cadet is a local portico, the middle part is a barrel vault and the edges are domes. The domes are covered with lead. Although the last minaret was built adjacent to the site, tamâme is independent. The square is passed from the sacrum part to the octagonal and deeper niches and from there to the rather long rounded body. There are two inscriptions on the door. A Tane is quite devastated. The second inscription is on the door arch and reads 1153 H. Târihi. There is a pulpit made of ebony wood inside, which is big in size. This pulpit is actually the Grand Uhmaya. Ulu Kami was brought here while he was being repaired.
Sara Hatun Câmii: It is covered with a vault with its dome, which is based on the four thick stems above the middle part of the square plan, and the sides are covered with vaults. The dome rises slightly from the middle of the roof covering the vaults. The altar is a simple niche. The minbar is important for showing Harput stone work. The stairs of the minaret located between the last congregation site and the harim part are made of dark stone and the other parts are made of white stone. Minārenin is understood from the book he built in 1898. In the first parts of the book there are writings which are worthy of art. It is said that Sara Hatun Câmi’nin was built by Sara Hatun, the mother of the Akkoyunlu governor Bahadır Han (Uzun Hasan) ın. But many repairs made in later periods completely destroyed the original construction type. It is mentioned that the book on the left side of the cobble wall was repaired by Hacı Mustafa in 1585 (H 993). In 1843, he was brought to his present position by Harput Mufti Haji Ahmed.
Grand Civil: It is the most important and oldest structure of Harput. The walls are made of rubble stone; Dome, arches and minarets made of bricks. Two gates are available. Sara is a place of calm domination to the east of Hatun Câmiin. There are three parts, namely the castle, the harim part, the last cadet and the courtyard. The minaret rises on the square pedestal just behind the present entrance door. The thick curved body is decorated with different bricks. This castle, which is the structure of Artukoğulları, is one of the oldest residences of Anatolia. According to the book of Avdus, Artukoglu Fahreddîn Karaarslan in 1556-1557. The minaret, which gives a very fine example of brick workmanship, is remarkable in terms of its curve formation. Yusuf Ziyâ Paşa Câmii: It is an important work of Keban. Yusuf Ziyâ Pasha was built. It is a very good example of the late period architecture and ornamentation of the Ottomans. It was made in Hijri 1210. The dome, which is a sanat artifact, is placed on 4 columns. Carved stone ornaments were used in the mihrab and mimber. Two doors were made from carved wood. It is Keban’s greatest monthly income. Mudrad Baba Tomb: This tomb next to Ağa Karimi is covered with a hexagonal plan and a dome overlaid. The transition to the dome is provided by tromps. This mausoleum, which is an Ottoman monumental structure, is in a very ruined state. Umam Efendi Turbesi: Osman Bedreddin It is located in Harput Cemetery, also known as Erzurum. It comes at the top of the places that are very biblical.
Arab Baba Tomb and Mescidi: It is located on the slope facing the plain of Elazığ to the east of the Kurşunlu Câmiinin. According to the Seljuk monastery, there is a mosque section on the right side of the building built as two floors. The person who is here, who is called the Arab Father, has come to my house for some time without deteriorating. However, it is reported that the corpse was not built to the structure but was placed later. It is known that the person is a martyr. According to the Kitabes, this structure was built in 1280 (H 670) during the Keyhüsrev of the Third Gıyâseddîn in the Seljuk sultanate.
Mansur Baba Tomb: Sara is at the north-west of Hatun Câmiin. The octagonal planar interior fits its original shape. But the top cover system was made later. It is evident from the traces that it is a two-storey building. There is a sarcophagus inside. Make Artukoğulları devrine is likely to be strong.
Fatih Ahmed Baba Tomb and Masjid: It is 2 kilometers away from Harput. Mesîre is used as a place and zither. Beside the turban built on the rock, there is a mosque with san’at worth and a fountain next to it. The tomb is hexagonal plan, and the upper part is only made afterwards. There is a large casket inside.
Seyyid Muhammed Kattâl Tomb: It is in Kartalere village on Elazığ-Diyarbakır road. There is not much information about it. It is understood that the Prophet Muhammad is the grandfather of the fourth beloved and a great master, the kitten of the kind. There is also a mosque at the end of the turban.
Hoca Hasan Hamamı: It is located on the right when going by the main road from Ağa Jami. It is located to the south of the Kurşunlu Câmiinin. It is one of the classical Ottoman type baths that are as good as our time. Dressing, warmth and bathing came to the scene. There are two entrance gates. The dressing room is square plan and covered with a dome. Completion is replaced by washing the wrecked wreck. The place of washing came from a large domed center with four eybans and one domed halvets in the corners.
Cemşit (Cimşit) Bath: Located on the edge of Sara Hatun Câmii, this bath is the type of classical Ottoman baths. It has come as undisturbed as our time. It is believed that the Cemşit Hamam, which meets the need of water with the famous Dabakhâne sanitary water, is very effective against some troubles and troubles. The dressing room is square plan and covered with a dome. In the center there are pools, sets on the edges. The two doors are passed through the tepidity gate and the washing section is based on Sara Hatun Jami. This structure was built by Cemşit Bey, one of the Pali sipâhi beyler of Yavuz Sultan Selim (the first half of the fourteenth century). The General Directorate of Vakıflar restored this bath and opened it to the service of the people.
İbrâhim Shah Caravanserai: Elazığ-Çemişkezek road ahead of the Euphrates bridge. In the thirteenth century, Nizâmeddîn Ibrahim built the Artukids.
Fourth Murad Han: It is in the Denizli village of Elazığ. There is a masjid to the left of the entrance door of the inn, which is a part of the winter and summer departments. It is in ruins today.
Virgin Mary’s Church: It is the oldest Assyrian church in Harput. In a good situation the church has come to my time. The rectangle is planned, and a wall is the rock on which it rests. Other walls are built with rubble stones. The overflowing apse is covered with half dome in front, and the other parts are covered with debris. It is said that there are hidden ways to go to the hill from the cells on the side of the apse. Today these parts are filled with earth. The first building is not available. Mardin was repaired between 1179 and 1845, according to the information received from the records of the Metropolitan Syriac.
Harput Museum: Opened in 1960 at the Alacamescit Madrasah. Historical works belonging to various ages are exhibited.
Elazığ Archeology and Ethnography Museum: Founded in 1965. Today, it is located on the Rector’s Campus of Fırat University.
Hazar Lake: This lake covers an area of 70 km2, 30 km south of Elazığ, between Mastar and Hazar Baba mountains. The surrounding area is lush, the scenery is beautiful, the beach is sandy. Transportation is easy because the lake passes by Elazığ-Kurtalan, the other by Elazığ-Diyarbakır state highway. The lake is suitable for all kinds of water sports. Plenty of fish is caught. In one of the two small islands in the middle (in the monastery name) there is a nasrâni shrine. In the summer, the Caspian Sea meets the sea needs of the surrounding area.
Zafran: It is a place located in the central district. There is a nice drinking water, a swimming pool, table-benches and a cooker for picnickers. A normal 1,500 people can benefit daily.
Buzluk Cave: It is 12 km away from Harput. There is no similar in Turkey, and in the warm days of summer, ice forms and ice melts in winter. The hanging stalactites and stalagmites hanging from the ceiling of the cave and rising up from the ceiling are not satisfactory. In 1991, the stairs and lighting system were built without detracting from the natural beauty.
Drinks and Spas: Elazığ is rich in drinks and spirits. But enough benefit Mürüdü (Sarıyılık) Fountain: It is located 7 km north of the city center. Mürüdü water flowing through a tundra is hydrocarbons and limy water and it is good for jaundice. Therefore, it is also called jaundice fountain.Hırhırık Mâdensuyu: It is in Gümüşkavak village 5 km away from Elazığ. Pain and itch is good. Harput Dabakhane Meditation: It is located in the stream north of Harput Kalesin. It was rebuilt first in 1988, when the building was unknown to anyone. The water temperature is -5 ° C. It is good for food, intestines, liver, rheumatism diseases and religious deprits. Yurtbaşı Mâdensuyu: Also known as bitter water. It is 16 km away from Elazığ and close to the town center. The water temperature is 19 ° C. Lowering kidney stones, mide and intestines are good for liver disorders. Colon Spas: It is 27 km away from Karakoçan district. Bath cures have a sedative and vasodilating effect. Drinking cures are mide, intestinal system, liver and gall bladder are positive tebriz.Buhan Hame Kaplıcası: Bozcanak in the village. It is good for rheumatism and sciatica. Genefik (Yelpınarı) Mâden Suyu: It is located at Bezerker Stream between Genefik village and Zerteriç village, 30 km away from Elazığ. Bath currs are good for pain and skin diseases.