Museum-city view, natural beauties, traces of 15 civilizations, rock-cut Tombs of Kings and water channels waiting for you AMASYA.
Amasya was known in ancient times as Harşena.
If you enter Amasya with any hardship, you will have peace of mind, peace of mind. It gets away from all kinds of troubles. It’s reputation like Egypt. There is a river like a nile. The flowing river is water of life. Very clean and very nice smelling. Watching is not satisfying. The old mansions are spectacular and have a view.
According to archaeological finds, Amasya has a history dating back to 7500 years (5500 BC). From then on, Persians, Hittites, Romans, Ottomans, as well as many different civilizations have been hosted.
As a result, Amasya became a center of science and art, and educated people of world famous science and art. Lucien Djekim, the world’s first geographer Strabo, the first female divan poet Mihri Hatun, calligrapher piri Sheikh Hamdullah are just a few of them.
“Yalboyu houses” arranged along Yeşilırmak, Darüşşifa (Bimarhane) where the mentally ill patients are treated for the first time by music and water voice in the world, King Kaya Tombs carved into the mountains and seen everywhere in Amasya, Ferhat’ın Şirin ‘ Ferhat water canal “,” Misket Elması “which is identified with Amasya, Borabay ponds, waterfalls and other natural beauties make Amasya a must-visit destination.
Amasya is a rare illness that can protect the old identity. Historical monuments and tourist attractions are quite extensive. Forty of the most famous of the historical monuments in the city, 26 belong to Ottoman and 8 belong to Seljuk devrine. Despite being one of the richest corners of Turkey in terms of abideler, most of them have been ruined due to lack of care.
Amasya Castle: North of Amasya is on the mountain of Herşane. It is rumored that Hanzi, or Pontus king Mithradetes, made it. Around the castle are mosques, cisterns, dungeons, bastions, cellars. There are Helkıs, Saray, Maydonos and Meydan gardens. The castle is built on a rocky hill which is steep to Yeşilırmak. The walls extending downward continue along the river and unite with the walls surrounding the city. Evliya Çelebi says: “There are 41 towers on the walls and are pentagonal. Inside the fortress are palaces, arsenals, water cisterns, hidden ways down the river. The castle is divided into two, down and up. Although this castle was repaired in the Roman, Byzantine, Seljuk and Ottoman periods, it is still a debris heap.
Bayezid Mosque Complex: Sultan Bayezid Han, 26 years as governor of this city was built in 1486 as a gift. The glass door, the mihrabı and the writing on the pulpit are very high. Darülhadis, Darüşşifa, madrasa, cloister and imareti is a great mullet. Kütübhan’de 20 thousand cild old works and papyrus paper written on the first copies of the Qur’an-ı kerimin kufi are written.
Bayezid Pasha Mosque: It is beside Bird Bridge. The grand vizier Necmeddin Halil Bayezid Pasha was built in 1414 when Amasya was a starboard bei. The marble of the front carries the surroundings. Minster ornaments are very valuable in terms of art. It was repaired in 1892.
Burmalı Minare Mosque: It is estimated that the Seljuk emirate was built by Necmeddin Ferruh from 1237-1247 in the south of the city. It was repaired several times after the fires of 1602 and 1730 of 1590 amphibian. Caminin minaresi The number of minarets in Turkey is rare.
Çilehane Mosque: It was built by Yakub Pasha in 1413 in Ottoman orders. In 1964 the General Directorate of Foundations restored the mosque. He came to the square as a mosque and a mosque.
Fethiye Mosque: Also known as Kuba Dede Mosque. While in the church, Diyişmendli Fethi Gazi converted the church in 1116. During mining in 1884 minaret was added. It was demolished in 1939. Only a small fraction remains in the church. Then he was repaired.
Gök Madrasah Mosque: Built in 1267 by Amasya Beylerbeyi Emir Seyfeddin Torumtay. It was used as a museum between 1926-1977. It is one of the most beautiful examples of Selçuklu san’atın. It is made of cut stone.
Mehmed Pasha Mosque: Prince Ahmed’s llama was built in 1486 by Mehmed Pasha. After the earthquake of 1939, it was restored by the General Directorate of Foundations. A beautiful example of wood carving, the gate is in the Amasya museum. The marble pulpit is the most beautiful stone minbar of Turkish architecture.
Saraçhane Mosque: Built in 1372 by Amasya Emiri Şadgeldi Pasha. It was repaired in 1951. The interior walls are adorned with pen work.
Sofular Mosque: It is located in Sofular Mahallesi and built by Beylerbeyi Abdullah in 1502. It is an Ottoman work built as Darülhadis.
Kilari Selim Aga Mosque: It was built by Selim Aga in 1483. The mosque, which was destroyed in earthquakes, has been repaired many times. Cutting is a grate.
Shamlar Mosque: Küçük Ağa Mosque and Ayas Aga Mosque are also called. It was first constructed by Danişmendli Melik Gazi. The demolished mosque was rebuilt in 1495 by Ayas Ağa, Gate of the Gate. The mosque, which is square and single-domed, is covered with rubble.
Abide Hatun Mosque: It was built by Abide Hatun, the mother of the grand vizier Kara Mustafa Pashan, in the village of Bahçekent of Merzifon in the early seventeenth century.
Çelebi Mehmed Mosque: It was built by Sultan Murad Han in 1411 in Merzifon on behalf of his father. The Madrasa is also known as the Front Mosque. The wings of the eastern door are a good example of tree carving.
Köprülü Mehmed Pasha Mosque: It was built in 1660 in Gümüşhacıköy by the grand vizier Köprülü Mehmed Pasha. The mosque, which was destroyed in the 1939 earthquake, was rebuilt in 1948. The interior of the glass is decorated with pencil work.
Merzifonlu Kara Mustafa Pasha Mosque: It is the biggest mosque of Merzifon and it was built in 1667 by Kara Mustafa Pasha of the Grand Vizier Merzifonlu. Cutting is a grate. The camii illuminates three rows of windows.
Yörgüç Pasha Mosque: It is in the village of Gümüşhacıköyü in the village of Silver. It was built by Amasya Beylerbeyi Yörgüç Pasha in 1429. It was repaired in 1946.
Gök (Blue) Madrasah: Amasya Beylerbeyi was built by Seyfeddin Torumtay in 1266-1267. It is a mosque, a madrasa and a mug. The medrese, which is open top, is called Gök Madrasa because it is decorated with blue china. It has rounded bases and decorated minarets. The architect Abu Muslim is Neccar. Broken pramids decorated with mosaic china are rare artifacts.
Bimarhane (Darüşşifa): The wife of Ilkhanid Sultan Olcayto was built by Yıldız Hatun in 1309 for Amber Lala, the son of the slave Abdullah. It was built as a single-floor medical school. It is the first mental hospital where patients are treated with music. The entrance is decorated with floral and leaf motifs. This healing nest had a great reputation in that era. Many valuable doctors have been trained here and many patients have been treated.
Caliphate Gazi Madrasah: The first Gıyaseddin Keyhüsrev was built by Emir Mujahid Hilafet al Alp ibni Tuli in 1210 for Fahreddin Ali al-Bukhari and the talebeli.
Kapı Ağa Madrasa: Also known as Büyükağa Madrasa. In 1488, Hüseyin Ağa, the son of Abdülmuin, built the second bayezid’s door. It is a very rare artifact in Ottoman architecture.
Haliliye Madrasa: It was built in 1415 by Halil Pasha in Gümüşköyü. It’s a 12-room medrese.
Sultan Mesud Tomb: A kind of grave where Sultan Masood and the graves of some princes are found. The last works of the Seljuk period. It is decorated with geometric motifs. The turban does not have a similarity.
Tomb of the gods: It is in the west of Amasya. There is no similar in Anatolia. In a single sarcophagus there are 4 women (judge) in Kabri. It is a work of Seljuks.
Şadgeldi Pasha Tomb: It was built in 1382. In the Amasya emir Shadgeldi Pashan has a Kabri.
Şehzadeler Tomb: It was built in 1410 by Çelebi Sultan Mehmed. There are many Ottoman princes in turd.
Hilafet Gazi Turbesi: It was built for Hilafet Alp ibni Tuli in 1226. Plant motifs and geometric figures are very valuable in terms of stone craftsmanship decorated with kümbet.
Torumtay Tomb: It is opposite the Gök Medrese Mosque. It was built by Beylerbeyi Seyfeddin Torumtay in 1279. The Seljuk works are the most beautiful. It is two storeys and comes out with half stairs. There are three children, 9 sarcophagus in the castle.
Bedesten: It is near Ekin Bazaar. In 1483 Sultan Hüseyin Ağa built the Second Bayezid’s Gate. There are four doors on each side. The front side is made of cut stone and the other walls are a mixture of rubble, stone and brick.
Ezine Market Pavilion: It is on Amasya-Tokat road. It was built by Valide Sultan Melike Mahperi Hatun in 1238.
Arasta (Bedesten): It is in the district of Gümüşhacıköy. In 1669 the grand vizier was built by Köprülü Mehmed Pasha. There are four gates. An open path leads to a square of six shops that lie next to each other.
Büyük Hamam: It is located in the district of Gümüşhacıköy and built by Grand Vizier Mehmed Pasha in 1658.
Double Bath: It is in Merzifon. In 1388 the first Murad Han was built. The walls are stone and the ceiling is wood.
Khidr Pasha Bath: It is also known as Sünbül hamamı. Khidr Pasha was built in the fifteenth century.
Kara Mustafa Pasha Bath: It is in Merzifon. In 1678 the grand vizier was built by Kara Mustafa Pasha as the foundation of the mosque.
Caglayan Bridge: It was built on the feet of an old bridge by Danişmendli İltekin Gazi. Turhal is on the way. Their arches are 70 m long and 4 m wide from the red brick. İltekin Gazi has a grave beside the bridge.
Bird (Künç) Bridge: It is on Yeşilırmak opposite Bayezid Pasha Mosque. This bridge, built by Sultan Hundi Hatun, the daughter of Sultan Second Gıyaseddin Mes’ud, is the work of Seljuks. It was repaired in 1938.
Terziköy Thermal Springs: It is located near the Amasya-Zile road and is 27 km away from the city center. It is good for rheumatism, paralysis, stomach, bowel, nerve, bile duct, kidney and gynecological diseases.
Hamamözü Thermal Springs: It is in the district of Gümüşhacıköy. It is good for rheumatism and some skin diseases.
Gözlek Kaplıcası: It is 20 km to Amasya. Sulphurous water is good for rheumatism and skin diseases.
Occidental locations: Amasya is a province with natural beauty as well as historical riches.
Borabay Lake: It is 65 km away from Amasya city center. There is a crater of 900 m in length, 300 m in width and 30 m in depth. It is decorated with pine, chestnut and clusters of willow. Trout hunts in the sky.
Sarleyuk Waterfall: It is near Doluca village between Merzifon and Gümüşhacıköy districts. Plank, pelit, poplar, willow and pine trees are covered with. Below the waterfall there are two pools at a depth of 1.5 m in steps. There are picnic places around the pools.
Çakallar Mesiresi: It is 2 km away from the city center. There are lakes and horses and picnic areas.
Green Yenice (Gölbaşı): covers an area of 3,000 square meters. There is a large pool next to a plane tree estimated to be 800 years old. The north patchwork is in the form of a terrace.
Karakaya Mesiresi: The water is plentiful and the cherry is a beautiful place. Ferhat water way passes through here. It is a lonely place above the city.
Visit town: A picnic place decorated with quince trees. It is 7 km away from Amasya.
Pehlivan Çayırı: Merzifon near the green is a promenade location.
Gumble Gutter: Merzifon’ın Pasha is a promenade location.