In ancient times, it is understood from the sources that the city of Bartın established on the edge of the Bartın River called Parthenios is mentioned with the name PARTHENIA and turned into Bartın. Historic “Paphlagonia” is located in ancient cities; Sesamos (Amasra), Chromna (Kurucaşile) and Erythinoi (Çakraz) are within the boundaries of Bartın.
There are 219 registered examples of civil architecture throughout the boundaries of the Bartın Province Urban Site. Bartın lived in the boundaries of the two in a row. One of these is the village of Güzelcehisar in the other district of Amasra.
Bartın, 700-year-old church building, 100-300-year-old glass, bridges, inns, baths and wooden Bartın houses reminiscent of the recent history, traditional Garila Bazaar and weddings, elaborate handicrafts reflecting the designs of the centuries with silver- Strawberry festivals, historical, cultural and folkloric values, sea, river, cave, plateau and hunting tourism.
Bartın has a distinguished place in terms of indispensable items of popular culture. The local people were influenced by social change and learned about traditions and customs, folk dances and music, clothing, handicrafts, culinary culture and local divergence.
Amasra Castle, Güzelcehisar, Şarköy, Fırınlı and Tekkeönü Monuments, Halilbey Mosque (Upper Mosque), İbrahimpaşa Mosque (Middle Mosque), Amasra Bedesteni, Ancient Theater, Acropolis, Necropolis, Underground Bazaar, Ancient Opus Revincium Wharf and Breakwaters, Byzantine Ruins Church, ), Şadırvan Mosque (Lower Mosque), Fatih Mosque (Old Church), Culture House- (Old Chapel), Aya Nikolas Church, Ebu Derda Tomb, Şimşirli Baba Mosque, Küçüktepe Martyrium in 1832-1835, The city bath built in 1747 by Bartın Voicemail Çalıkoğlu, the remains of the Ottoman bath in Amasra, the Byzantine Kemere Bridge, the Kemerdere Bridge in the Amasra, the Army (Kisla) Bridge in the city center, the Kemerköprü, the Roma in Amasra. Boundary Çeştepe Höyük, Karasu Höyük, Ulus Höyük, Ulus Abdipaşa Höyüğü, M.S.13. YY. The water cistern, which is left from the Genoese who ruled the area in the beginning, is located in the provincial center of Şadırvan and the local civil architecture examples of Bartın Houses are among the cultural values of the province.
Bartın has an important attraction with its natural history resources, exhibiting outstanding historical, cultural and folkloric values and extraordinary beauties that it carries daily from its 3000 years old history. When it comes to tourism, the first thing that comes to mind; Amasra and Culture tourism.
CULTURAL TOURISM: In Amasra, which is one of the oldest settlements in the historical Paphlagonia region and has a rooted tourism tradition on the country scale, Ottoman Houses, handcrafts and other folkloric features with rich antiquities that can not be excavated yet can be evaluated in culture tourism. Wooden yacht and boat production which reflects a 400 year tradition of handcrafts, woodwork (carving-ornamentation) in Amasra and local cuisine with wire breaking in the center …. The remains of Amasra, Tekkeönü and Güzelcehisar, Halitbey, İbrahimpaşa, Şadırvan, Hacımehmet, Yahyaağa, Orduyeri, Kemerköprü, Fatih Camelleri and İçkale Mescidi, Kemer, Orduyeri, Kemerdere Bridges, Kuşkayası Road Monument, Aya Nikolas Church, Historical buildings such as Mahzen and Galeri Yedikuyular, Ebu Derda Tomb, Amasra Çekiciler Street and Bartın Evleri are examples of cultural tourism.
SEA TOURISM: There are swimming opportunities in Denizli tours and coastal landscaping along with Inkumu, Amasra, Güzelcehisar, Mugada, Kızılkum, Çakraz, Akkonak, Göçkün, Kurucaşile Tekkeönü, Hatipler, Çambu, Karaman and Kapısuyu pilazlar.
IRMAK TOURISM: Bartın harbor in our province; It is an important source of both flow and speed, and if necessary the natural landscape around it. It is the starting point of the Golden River-Silver Sea Tours and offers activities such as canoeing, water bicycle and boat trips and rowing competitions.
YAYLA TOURISM: In Bartın; Uluyayla, Ardıç and Gezen Yaylaları exhibit extraordinary beauty
MOUNTAIN AND NATURE TOURISM: 40% of Kastamonu-Bartın Küre Mountains National Park is located within the borders of Bartın. Interesting karstic formations such as canyons, gorges, caves, waterfalls, paddles with international pre-requisites; 1200 year natural flora and endemic plant existence; The fauna richness experienced by 129 bird and 40 mammal species presents a very attractive and rich diversity in terms of nature, cave, botanical, photosharing, ornithology and cultural tourism with its scientific research and environmental monitoring possibilities
CAVE TOURISM: Gürcüoluk, Sipahiler and Uluyayla Caves
AV AND WILD LIFE TOURISM: In Bartın Province, there is richness in terms of wild life on water surface areas if the terrestrial areas are necessary.
YACHT TOURISM: Amasra harbor and Bartın haram; Yacht tourism is suitable.
GLASS AND KILIS:
Halilbey Mosque (Upper Mosque): It is located in Bartın city center. It was built by Halil Bey in 1872. It is a non-dome, rectangular plan, a two-windowed illuminated land structure.
İbrahimpaşa Mosque (Middle Mosque): It is in Bartın market. It was built by the Bosnian Governor Ibrahim Pasha. It is estimated that the year of construction is unknown, but it has a history of 150 years. It is known that in 1864 and 1897 two fires passed, in 1898 it was rebuilt and the worship was opened in 1901. It was repaired in 1968 after an earthquake. There are 32 windows around the big dome of 12. It is a single planned, single dome and single minaret. Main material; Blocks cut stone at the corners, other parts are rubble stone. There are 11 shops under it.
Fatih Mosque: It is an ancient Byzantine church built in Amasra Castle in the 9th century. During the conquest of Amasra, in 1460, Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror was turned into a monument.
İçkale Mescidi: It is an old chapel in Amasra Castle. It was converted into a mosque in the 15th century, and the worship was closed in 1930.
The chapel, built in the 9th century with a very careful brick-stone knitting system, measures 11×7 m. Dimensions. In Ambon vault, the reminders of the “Ascension of Jesus Prophet” (Ascension) scene; Ambon, narthex and walls are decorated with colored and religious wall paintings (frescoes). However, since the walls are covered with a thin plaster, these frescoes appear somewhere under the plaster layers falling over time, and it is understood that the frescoes are going down.
HISTORY AND ARCHAEOLOGICAL VALUES:
From ancient cities in the historical “Paphlagonia” region; Sesamos (Amasra), Chromna (Kurucaşile) and Erythinoi (Çakraz) are within the boundaries of Bartın.
Amasra is the ancient city where the most ancient values are seen. In the village of Tekkeönü (Hisar), the center of the city of Chromna there are ancient remains. Although it is known that the center of the city of Eritnoi is the Çakraz, ancient remains are not found.
Amasra: The Bosphorus Monument, the castle and the arcs, the Church (Fatih Mosque), Chapel (Culture House), Underground Galleries, Carved Caves and Bedesten remains are the only visible faces of the ancient city.
Theater, Forum, Honorable Way, Underground Bazaar, acropolis and necropolis are underground for 5000 people.
ANTIQUE THEATER: It belongs to the Roman Period and is located on the southern slope of Aya Yorgi Hill. Theater space (Cavea) and Stage (Skone) sections were destroyed. Only the entrance gate of the theater used as a cemetery can be seen.
AKROPOL: It is in the southwest of Bedesten. Only a few of the walls are up. Some of the columns here are exhibited in the Amasra Museum.
NECROPOL: This ancient cemetery on the skirts of Aya Yorgi Hill has been severely destroyed, Monumental tombs and sarcophagi were used in construction. Nowadays only the place is known.
UNDERGROUND ÇARISISI: The most important part of the Bazaar, which is believed to belong to the Roman period, is in the vicinity of Tomaskuyusu. It consists of a main gallery of 17 m, where the construction techniques of the bedesten are exactly applied and about 50 rooms opened here. In the antique city areas to the south and west, large sewers and rogers are found.
CONSTRUCTIONS AND DISTRIBUTORS: It is seen that regular dock systems of the Opus Revinium style, which were built in the early ages and repaired in the following periods, were made with block cutting stones in a weight of 1-2 tons. Most of the historical traces could not be reached by day, but the location of the port and breakwater is shown in details in Jouannin in 1803 and Amasra krokis in 1886 by Von Diest.
HIGH CHURCH: On the Rabbit Island, remains of the Byzantine church are found
HISAR KALESİ AND THE PRESENCE: It is located in Tekkeönü (Hisar) Village which is the center of historical Kromna city. It consists of 7 decks and 7 decks which are integrated with the remains of Tekkeönü Kalesin and extend to the sea through the castle. Although the period is unknown, it is said that the wells were used by the people of Chromna to hide their supplies in the battlefield, when the deck was needed, the corridor to escape to the sea was filled and the door to the sea was filled during the harbor construction.
Amasra Museum: Amasra Museum; The archeological and ethnographic artifacts that have been compiled since 1955 have started to be exhibited in this historic museum opened in 1982 as a museum.
The amasra museum service building is also an Ottoman period artifact. Construction of the Maritime School in 1884, but not completed today, the building was purchased and restored by the Ministry of Culture in 1976 and opened in 1982.
At the Amasra Museum consisting of four exhibition halls;
1. In the Nolu Archaeological Works Hall; Bronze statues, bracelets, crucifixes, weapons, lamps and vessels of the Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman Periods, bronze and bronze statues of the Hellenistic, Roman and Byzantine Periods, gold and bronze ornaments, amphoras and testers Sikkeler,
In the 2nd Nolu Archaeological Works Hall; Here, marble artifacts, sculptures, head sculptures, grave stellies, reliefs of various Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine and Genoese periods are exhibited.
In the 1st Nolu Ethnographic Works Hall; Ottoman period copper cups, writing tools, weapons, candlesticks, seals, weighbridges, ceramics and rings and pots reflecting the art of tree charm unique to the Amasra region,
In the 2nd Nolu Ethnographic Esraler Hall; The clothes of the Ottoman period, the clothes reflecting the taste of the cloth, the silver ornaments, the bed and pillow covers, the carpets, the cuts, the old wall clocks and the Qur’an’s Kerim are exhibited.
Also; In the corridor of the museum there is a Mediterranean map printed in 1852, printed in the Palace Matrix, and in the garden of the museum there are stone works belonging to the Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine, Genoese and Ottoman Periods.
Amasra Castle: Amasra Castle belonging to the Byzantine Period has undergone some changes especially during the Genoese Periods and has seen serious repairs during the Genoese and Ottoman Periods in the 14th and 15th centuries.
Castle; It consists of two main groups. One is the Sormagir Fortress at Boztepe and the Zindan Fortress at Amasra, which is then the island and connected to Amasra by a bridge called “Kemere”. There are the Büyükliman Gate on the northeast side, the Küçükliman (Antik) Gate on the west and the Dungeon Gate on the south. Sormagir Kalesine, Kemere Bridge adjacent to the “dark place” is called from the vaulted main door, then Antikliman and Hacıdenizi two altari exit from the door.
The length of the eastern walls between the northeast and southeast of Amasra Fortress is 65 m. The length of the southern walls with 8 bushes is 300 m and the length of the northern walls which are mostly destroyed from Kemere Bridge is 200 m.
The walls of Sormagir fortress extending from the gate to the west and most of the walls surrounding the eastern and the northern part are destroyed and 50 m of the western walls adjacent to the gate are standing. It is seen that the fortifications have not been built here since the north and northwest sides are very steeply cut into the sea.
At the highest point of the island is a lantern built for marines.
Güzelcehisar, Şarköy, Fırınlı and Tekkeönü Kaleleri: In the Tekkeönü Village, which is the center of the historic town of Kromna in Güzelçhisar Şarköy and Fırınlı Köyleri and Kurucaşile districts within the borders of the central districts, castle remains dating from Genoese are found.
RELIGIOUS BUILDINGS AND LOVE TOURISM:
Halilbey Mosque (Upper Mosque) – BARTIN: It was built by Halilbey in 1872. It is a rectangular structure, with two rows of 45 windows, illuminating the cargos. The hall dimensions are 12×13 m.
İbrahim Pasha Mosque (Central Mosque) – BARTIN: Bosnian Governor Ibrahim Pasha was built by. The year of construction is unknown, but it is estimated to have a history of 150 years. It was known that two fire broke out in 1864 and 1897, it was rebuilt in 1898 and worship was opened in 1901. It was repaired in 1968 after an earthquake. There are 32 windows around the large dome.
It is square plan, single dome and single minaret. Main material; Blocks cut stone at the corners, other parts are rubble stone. There are 11 shops under it.
Şadırvan Mosque (Lower Mosque) – BARTIN: It is said that it was built with money collected from the army in 1903-1905. Minaresinin is understood in the book of honor made in 1913.
It has a rectangular plan, its walls are made of cut stone at the corners, and the other parts are made of mortar made of brick and rubble stone. It has spacious interiors lit by forty windows. There are shops underneath. Minaresi is made of cut stone in the northwest corner.
Fatih Mosque (OLD CHURCH) – AMASRA: It is an old Byzantine Church built in the 9th century Amasra Castle. During the conquest of Amasra, in 1460, Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror was turned into a monument.
The structure that carries all the structural features of the Narthex (First Community) section and Ambon (Lapsis) output later joined the site. The mosque was 19×11 m in size and in 1887 it was covered with wooden ceiling and roof and covered with a large repair.
Culture House (OLD CHAPEL) – AMASRA: In the Amasra castle, an old (small church) Chapel from the 15th century. The Masjid was converted and the worship was closed in 1930. It was restored in 2002 and opened as a Cultural House.
9. Yy. Chapel, built with a very careful brick-stone knitting system, measures 11 X 7 m. Dimensions. The reminders of the “Ascension” scene in the Ambon Tomb, “The Prophet’s Ascension to the Chest”; Ambon, Narthex and the walls are decorated with colorful and religious wall paintings (Fresko). However, the Frescoes have undergone destruction over time.
Aya Nikolas (BODOSAKI) CHURCH – BARTIN: It was built by the Greek Community in Bartin in 1319. This historical building, which was used as a power plant for a while since 1936, was restored in 1995 and opened as a Cultural House.
Ebu Derda Tomb – BARTIN: Hz. It is said that the Prophet’s Sancaktari belongs to Abu Derda. But; According to historical sources, it is possible that a tomb was built in the memory of Abu Derda, who was estimated to have stayed there for a while while passing through this area during the 50th anniversary of the Hijra in Istanbul, and this place was accepted as a spiritual authority.
The turban is said to have been built by Toscuoğlu Hacı Rifat Efendi from the Bartın Mufti, according to a document which can not be documented, the year is unknown. It is understood from the available sources that it was repaired after a major fire that lasted about a hundred years ago.
The mosque is only a stone sarcophagus, with a small mosque beside it and the junction with a water fountain and a well. The mausoleum attracts visitors as a spiritual authority.
Şimşirli Baba Mosque -US: It is in the Kalecik village of the Ulus district. Although the date is not known, besides the mosque which is said to have been built by Şimşirli Baba in a night, there is the grave of his own grave, Hamza Efendi, the father of Akşemseddin, and the Akşemseddin Çeşmesi with its cold waters.
Kara Yusuf İzzettin, who has lived with his wife for many years near Kalecik, is said to have been remembered as Şimşirli Baba because he made his prayers for a long time in the shade of boxwood and plane trees that have been densely packed for a long time and then he made 4 square meters of carpets made by carving a wide bodied plane tree.
Today, the mosque and imaret, where 500 people can worship; Is visited by tens of thousands of people every year during the months of Recep, Shaban and Ramadan, as well as daily worship for the worship and increase of the young milk of the young mothers after birth. Especially in the first week of Recep (after Regaip Kandili), the first Friday evening, after the Friday prayers, the sacrifices were offered to visitors with yoghurt and soup, and the big celebrations made by the surrounding villagers are also the scene.
The story that caused the Shimpy Daddy to attract a lot of visitors is quite interesting. The people of the region made the “Shimshirli Father Tayyem Mekan’a foundation, praying all the prayers in Beytullah (the Kaaba), making the living with the exchange of dairy products obtained from the only owner who had ownership, but the buckwheat which was abundantly taken from them was actually deer living in the region. The deer who came here in the morning in a collective manner returned to the forest after being abandoned by the Shimshirli Father and his wife without any difficulty and also the deer of this mosque made by Şimşirli Daba in a night carried deer the same night. they say
Küçüktepe Martyrium- AMASRA: Amasra, who had been in Rome and Byzantine administration for many years, secretly organized Christianity with Ereğli and M.S. 1.Yy. It is said that Christianity which is spreading rapidly in the 2nd Empire in the whole of the Empire in the 2nd century is one of the first places that it finds very favorable and it is known that it was an effective Archbishopric center in the 9th century in relation to the Crimea.
Iakintos, the Pontus priest, who lived in Amasra and first tried to spread Christianity in the 1st century; After 711, Kyros, which was called with the duals in Hora and Hagia Sophia churches; Iconoclast Yorgi Georgios in the 8th century; In terms of their Christian beliefs, they are the first Christians who have been declared “saints” by the spiritual council during their time and killed, where they are the first to bless caves and graves.
Today, those who visited Amasra; They show close interest to the Amasra Kilises (present Fatih Mosque) to Büyüktepe cave, known as Georgios’ retreat place, on the Küçüktepe slopes where the graves of Iakintos and Kyros are located.
Taşhan – BARTIN: It was built by Hacı Ali Ağa between 1832-1835. It covers an area of 24,25 x 23,70 m and has two floors, rectangular plan and open courtyard. There are 18 chambers, 16 vaulted compartments. It is still being used for commercial purposes in private ownership. It is in the city center, in Government Street.
Dervişoğlu Hanı – BARTIN: It was built by Dervişoğlu Ali and Osman Brothers in 1897. The rectangle is a close-up, two-storey and ported. There are 7 rooms on the first floor and 9 rooms on the second floor. The building materials are stone and brick and have been restored later. It is still used as a commercial warehouse. It is in Karakaş caddes.
City Bath – BARTIN: It was built in 1747 by Bartın Vojvodası Çalıkoğlu. The walls of the building are made of mortar rubble, and the two-storey locker is wood. It is a large, three small domed, with a small fountain in the middle. The main place is Soymalık, Tempel and Külhan with glass.
Ottoman Baths – AMASRA: It is believed to have been built in the 17th century. There is coldness, warmth, a three-chambered bathing place, water reservoirs and cinder. A wash basin is covered with two half domes. The coldness has collapsed. The “I” s seen at the four corners bear the typical architectural features of the Anatolian Principalities.
Kemerköprü – BARTIN: It was built by Çalıkoğlu İbrahim Bey in 1872. It is built on Kocanazçayı, built on very solid three legs and two pointed arches made of cut stone mortar. The length is 42 m and the width is 8.5 m. It is said that thousands of egg whites participate in it to ensure that the pot is stronger during construction.
Orduyeri (Barracks) Bridge: It was built with the aid of the people under the leadership of Bolu Mutasarrıfı Ismail Kemal Bey in 1887. It is built on five solid footstones of cut stone on Kocaçay, the first and second stands are on the Yalı side and the road passes between them. And the fifth foot is on the side of Orduyeri Mahallesi The half-dome protrusions on both sides of the feet in the tea distribute the waters to both sides and prevent the bottom of the feet from being worn The upper part of the 98 m long and 7.3 m wide wooden bridge was rebuilt as concrete in 1957.
There is an inscription on the southern side of the second leg of the bridge and a wolf on the northern side of the fourth foot; It is said that the wolf statue, which is headed to the north, sitting on its hind legs and tail, is played in the 1980’s.
Kemere Köprü – AMASRA: Sormagir in Boztepe is a single-eyed bridge that connects Kalesini to the Dungeon Column in Amasra. It belongs to the Byzantine period.
Kemerdere Bridge: It is a single-eyed Roman bridge built during the Roman Emperor Claudius period (41-54 AD) and is located in the Cevizlik Valley, 3 km from Amasra. It is a part of the Roman road network that connects Amasra to Bartin and on the 4th km, in front of the Burying Monument. In a very light relief composition on the Bridge Foot; Seven soldiers who fought with spears, Roman-Pontus wars are told.
The 59-km coastal section of Bartin, reaching the sea with steep, wooded hillsides, is interesting with the vegetation that integrates with the extraordinary beauty of the village and colors. Most of these virgins are appreciated for their clean sands, low waters and their beauty integrated with nature.
Natural beauty and the beach is favored by Inkumu; Tourists have all kinds of equipment to meet the requirements.
BEZELS, MUGADO, MISTAKES AND RED SEA BEACHES:
Güzelcehisar, Mugada and Kızılkum villagers located within the borders of the central district of Bartın; Surrounded by forests, beautiful beaches and waters, holiday villages like the day-trippers.
“Çeşm-i Cihan Amasra”, known as the place where tourism starts in our country; It is the oldest tourist area of Bartın with its 3000 year historical values and unique natural beauty.
Çakraz on the 18th km of Amasra – Kurucaşile highway; Natural beauties, clean sands and calm waters. Tourists have facilities to meet all kinds of needs.
BOZKÖY, AKKONAK, PUNITIVE AND MORTAL BEACHES:
Bozköy, Akkonak, Deliklisile and Göçkün villagers in the borders of Amasra; For the day trippers, it offers convenient facilities and camping facilities for holidaying with the sea and nature.
FOUNDER, TEKKÖNÜ, KAPISUYU, KARAMAN AND ÇAMBU BEACHES:
Kurucaşile, Tekkeönü, Karaman and Kapısuyu beaches on the northeastern tip of Bartın; The natural beauty of the Black Sea is its holiday villages with its clean sand and water.
Tekkeönü which is the center of the historical city of Kromna and the fisherman village Kapısuyu; It also attracts attention with the production of wooden yacht and boat for tourism.
The 59 km coastal strip and beaches that bring the steep and forested slopes of Bartın to the sea attract attention of local and foreign tourists. Especially, although the sea season is short (from June to October), the Inkumu Beach attracts a great deal of attention. Besides this, it is another important beaches of Amasra, Çakraz, Kızılkum, Mogada, Güzelcehisar and Bozköy regions.
Gürcüoluk Cave, whose development has been completed but whose internal formation continues; The appearance is extremely beautiful and interesting with colorful stalactites, stalagmites, columns, pasta stalactites, wall and curtain dripstones.
Gürcüoluk Cave consists of 15 rooms gathered around the first room of 4-5 M height and 6×7 m dimensions after the main entrance with a triangular shape and 3-4 M width. Both the ease of transport and the beauty of the natural surroundings; Colorful dripstones that vary in color from gray to cream and beige and their physical properties; It makes the cave attractive.
It is 32 km from Bartin and the village of Amasra, Makaracı village. It is possible to reach to the cave through the village of İnpiri or Karakaçak on the Amasra-Çakraz highway route.