Sinop, natural beauties and historical works are a rich knowledge. It is a peninsula that collects all the features and beauty of the Black Sea. Since it has been a settlement center since ancient times, it is a province of history and culture. His major works are:
Sinop Castle: It is estimated that it was built during the Hittites time. In later periods, it has been tamed and made an addition. The Seljuks built an inner fortress in 1215 and strengthened the constellations and towers they needed. The height of the walls is 30-35 m. Outside walls are 500 meters in the east, 270 in the west, 800 in the north and 400 meters in the south. The inner castle built by Sultan Izzeddin Keykavus is in good condition. Kalenin; There are Kumkapı, Meydankapı, Tersanekapı, Tabakhânekapısı, İçhisar, Kale and Clover doors. After the legitimacy of the fortress, there was a prison sent by the politicians.
Alaeddin Câmii: It is the oldest mosque of Sinop and it is the monument of the Seljuks. According to the Kitabes, it was built in 1267 by Mu’enüddin Süleyman Pervâne. It is also known as the Great Casey. The castle, which saw the castle at various times, was finally restored in 1950. Some artifacts of somber marble made of minber have been broken by the fall of the dome. These pieces are in the Museum of Turkish-Islamic Works. The present pulpit was built in 1851.
Saray Câmii: It was built in 1374 by Celâleddîn Bâyezîd from the Candarogulls. It is a square-shaped, single-domed paper.
Seyyid Bilâl Câmii: It was built in 1867 by Cezâyirli Ali Pasha. Cezayirli Ali Pasha is also called Câmii. It was declared by Sultan Abdülhamid Khan in 1896.
Fethi Baba Mescidi: It was built by Mehmed Aga in 1353 on orders of Candaroglu Ismâil Beyin. It is also known as the reversal. The marble mihrab is very fine workmanship.
Alâeddîn address: It was built in 1262 by SüleymanPervâne of the Vizier Muinüddîn in the name of Seljuk Sultan Alaeddin Keykubat. The main ivan opposite the entrance was a classroom in 1889 during the period of Tamar. It is still used as a museum.
Martyrs Fountain: Made in the money of the soldiers martyred during the Crimean War in Russia. It is ruined today.
Sayyid Bilâl Tomb: Sayyid Ibrahim Bilâl, who came from the descendants of our Prophet (saas), is in medfundur. When Istanbul was besieged by Omer ibn Abdulaziz in 675, according to the reports, he set out to join the Muslim Turks alongside Central Asia.
He was taken to the storm while he was on his way to Istanbul in the Black Sea. He entered Sinop port. They paid the port customs duty. Today, where his brother Alayeddin Câmiinin is located, his brother Sayyid Ali Akbar and the Central Asian Muslim Turkish soldiers were resting and treating the sick soldiers, while Byzantine soldiers in Byzantine orders in Sinop were attacked at night. The collision continued until morning and even at daytime. Sayyid Ibrahim Bilal and his followers were squeezing the Byzantine soldiers’ encirclement and leaving Sayyid Ibrahim Bilâl martyrs while they were about to leave the Square Gate in the vicinity of the Government Hall today. By showing the martyrdom of this saint, he takes his loyal head falling under his seat with his sword stabbing, and goes back a few hundred meters until his tomb is found, turning his face to the direction of the qiblah and putting his head in place. When the people who watched this incident began to shout in astonishment, horror and fear, why did they kill these crowded people against Byzantium Tekfur, Tekfur stopped the fight to appease the public’s reaction. He allowed the martyrs to be buried according to Islamic rules. Sayyid Ibrahim Bilâl was also buried the same time. The wounded Turkish behaved well to the Muslims. The first Muslims of Sinop were these Central Asian Turks. They were multiplied by marrying the Sinopian girls who were Muslims. Seyyid Ali Akber is among the martyrs.
Seyyid Ali Ekber is in the Green Turtles next to Kabri Alaeddin Jami, Tayboğa (Seyyid Bilâl) species in Seydid Bilal’s hawk’s Kabriye Ada Mahallesi Cezâyiri Ali Pasha Jami.
Sinop made a lot of regrets after he had done so, and he made a will to be buried in the doorstep of the turban he had built for Sayyid Bilâl. When the prisoners who had gone ahead with the typhoon entered the turtle by violating the tekfurun tomb, later this door was canceled and another door opened to the turban. At this moment, the turban is passed through Cezayirli Ali Pasha Câmii.
There is the following information on the plate of the Culture and Tourism Provincial Directorate in the foreground: The tomb was built in 1297 by Emperor Pekamish, the grandson of the Turkish Cypriot Beyi Emir Tayboğa. Emir Tayboğa, who raided Sinop in 1259, played a major role in the repulse of the Greek state army. He was buried next to Sayyid Bilal who was martyred in Sinop on his way to the conquest of Istanbul in H.91. In 1876, the captain-I Deryâ Cezâyirli Ali Pasha built a rectangular planned mosque to the end of the turban.
Gâzi Çelebi Tomb: It is in the right end of Süleyman Pervâne Medresesin. Gâzi Çelebi, the last ruler of Pervâneoğullarınlar and deceased in 1322, is absent.
The tomb of Isfendiyaroğulları: There are more than 8 witches belonging to this family in the species found in the garden of Alâeddîn Câmii, Celâleddîn Bâyezîd from Candaroğullarýs and Ibrahim Bey, son of Isfendiyar, his son. It is unknown which turbine and who made it. The sarcophagi inside the tomb is a unique example of Turkish stone carving.
Sultan Hâtun Tomb (Aynalı Kadın): It is called “Mirror Woman Tomb” among the people. It was built for the daughter of the First Murâd’s brother Suleiman Pashan, Ismet Sultan, in 1335. It is in the garden of Sinop Museum.
Mausoleum: The tomb, which was built in the time of Candaroğulları, is beside Cezayirli Ali Paşa Bâmi. The wife of Celâleddîn Bâyezîd was built for the wife of Iskender and her daughter Târtât.
Temple of Serapis: It was excavated in 1954 in Martyrs Park in the city center and it is a Romalılara âittir. Sinop Museum: Opened in 1541 and moved to the new building in 1970. Archaeological and ethnographic artifacts are exhibited in the museum. There are artifacts from previous times of Turks and Turks. In the museum there are also the Shari’a Court Registers. Boyabat Castle: Old and new castle as two kaledir. The new castle was built on the old castle. There are 252 steps descending from the Kaleden Gâzidere Stream. A secret underground road separating from the rock tunnel passes under the city and tells you that it reached Erenlik Tepesi. The new fort is the Ottoman structure. It is reported that the Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror had been staying in this place while going to the Catwalking Expedition against Uzun Hasan.
Location of the promenade: Sinop is very rich in terms of natural beauty. The rich forest texture, the long coast in the Black Sea, natural coastlines, is a cute little town. The main recreational areas are:
Hamsaroz Gulf: One side is the sea, one side is the forest. It is decorated with a wide variety of flowers. Clear sea, plenty of flowers and a nice resting place with trees. It is 3 km away from the city center. There is a game park in the Gulf.
Ayancık Çamlığı: It is a place for resting in the forest in Ayancık county. The area that is full of yellow pine and larch trees is famous for its natural beauty.
Turkeli Çamlığı: It is a place for resting in the forest near the town of Turkeli. It is a beautiful promenade covered with black pine, beech and yellow pine forests.
Akliman Kumlu: 2 km distance to the city center. The sandy beach, where the sea and the forest are intertwined, remains between Boztepe and Akliman noses and is also a ship shelter at the same time. The sea is very shallow.
Spas and Icmeler: Although Sinop is rich in sanitary water resources, there are no facilities in the majority of these sources. The main spas and drinks are:
Aloglu Drink: It is near the city center. No accommodation facilities. Drinking hot water is good for mood, liver and biliary tract ailments.
Acısu İçmesi: It is in Acısu village of Gerze district. No accommodation facilities. The water is useful for various mood disorders.
Cold Water: It is also known as Cankurtaran Police Station on the 47th kilometer of Sinop-Boyabat road. The cold water is covered with fir trees. This water in the forest is known as medicinal.
Buzluk Plateau: It is within the boundaries of the stable town and is 10 km away from the district center. The most important feature of the cave is that it is in winter, and in winter it is erimes. For this reason it is known among the people as the Ice Cave.